You are not logged in.

#1 BFH in retrospect: What went wrong?  [Mon Apr 18th, 2016 07:11]

Matty G
No Games

Everybody worth a shit knows about what happened to BFH during the December of 2009, and despite what happened plenty of people were still playing the game for some time until the game's closure.

Making a hero's simple Valor Point maintenance go from ridiculously low to ridiculously high was one big fuck up that filtered out tons of potential payers, and could be considered more of a 'beginning of the end' for those sticking. Out of everything that happened to the game until its death, what would you consider the next biggest fuck up the devs did ever since then? To you, what cemented BFH's fate to being stuck as a shit game?

Thinking about it, a timeline should really be made for historical purposes. I can't even remember what shit got released in which order anymore.

#2 Re: BFH in retrospect: What went wrong?  [Wed Apr 20th, 2016 13:55]

evil
Bavarian Barbarian

Consumables available for real money.

#3 Re: BFH in retrospect: What went wrong?  [Thu Apr 21st, 2016 04:22]

Robwar
biggest post count in history of the universe

I think everything was actually okay until the tonics...

There were like 2 big milestones: First they didn't let VP buy weapons permanently anymore and that caused crazy outrage but people quickly got used to it. The second time people went crazy was the Tonics / Fire-Undies release. There I really considered stopping because Tonics are basically the most Pay2Play thing ever created...

#4 Re: BFH in retrospect: What went wrong?  [Thu Apr 21st, 2016 22:53]

Matty G
No Games

I suppose the whole drop bullshit also fucked up everything considering they liked handing out consumables, and man people were loaded with tonics. Kind of missed the mid-grade bandages too. Fire-Undies are also kind of flawed considering they are designed to hard counter the ability of one class. So rather than rebalance the ability, people can pay to have it neutralized instead.

VP weapons I could get past only because they made permanent basic weapons so cheap in BF at the same time. If it wasn't a shotgun or pistol, and in extreme cases an SMG, super/uber shit simply wasn't worth it because differences were rather minute past magazine extensions and the knife was pretty shit in the meta. Why people bought the super/uber MGs is beyond me considering Frenzy overrides the critical hit chance with its own. Royal ones looked ugly as sin and yet that didn't stop some Nationals getting a stolen one.

Up until pre-nerf pirate pistols, Dragon Cannons, and grenade launchers I'd say it would be quite a cheap F2P compared to what else there was. Too bad everybody got obsessed with clans and shit in Australia, if EA being a jew wasn't enough the community was shit enough as well.

Last edited by Matty G (Thu Apr 21st, 2016 22:55)

Board footer