You are not logged in.

#1 PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Fri Oct 16th, 2015 06:06]

Stupidus
Babysitter

Two games are on the horizon for 2015 which are set to be big hits. Fallout 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront. Am I missing any more? What are you guys playing currently? LoL? DOTA 2? CS:GO? Hearthstone? D3?

Will FO4 be worth the buy? I've seen Fallout videos before but never found myself interested in them because if I played a SP RPG it was always TES, and now I'm playing WoW again and that's an RPG already.

I have little desire to play SW:BF. Personally more interested in seeing Overwatch.

#2 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Fri Oct 16th, 2015 06:37]

Robwar
biggest post count in history of the universe

Looking forward to Overwatch, not playing anything atm tbh...

LoL of CS:GO if I'm bored I guess.

#3 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sat Oct 17th, 2015 07:14]

evil
Bavarian Barbarian

also looking forward to overwatch. but i dont think it will bet that popular.

still playing diablo 3 and will get paragon 1000 in season 4 this weekend.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

#4 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sat Oct 17th, 2015 09:18]

Matty G
No Games

Prepare for a wall of text but fuck you I want to discuss VIDEO GAMES

I decided to catch up on older games I missed out on, namely the Dawn of War series of RTS games in the setting of Warhammer 40k. The first lot are traditional base-builders and the second is more of a 'tactical' game but has less units to play with on-screen, and also has the Last Stand game mode. So that's about seven campaigns played and many hours of Last Stand.

Got burned out of Terraria 1.3 earlier this year. Was fun while it lasted.

Technically not really a PC-only thing, but Dolphin is currently a very good Gamecube/Wii emulator as it stands now. Using the emulator's native support with the Smash For Wii U GCN controller adapter, I decided to give the TimesSplitters series (2 & Future Perfect, 1 was a PS2 exclusive nobody cares about) a replay and they're both near-perfect with some minor issues. Go fucking play those if you haven't, they were actually good console FPS games though were best with a group of friends.

Rivals of Aether is the most recent release I've played, it's a 2D Smash clone in Early Access with six out of eight characters playable so far. The game controls surprisingly very well for what it currently is, it's more akin to Melee/PM's physics with its own twists like no ledges and the shield is replaced with a parry.

Recently my flat got stuck into playing Risk of Rain via LAN. I usually used to play the single-player a lot, but oh god network play is so much less stable. Funny how some complained about Glass at first, but now want to unlock it on their saves since everything goes so much faster with it on.

There's also some Gang Beasts thrown in, currently using the unstable builds.

Castle Crashers got a recent update on PC to get the improvements the 'enhanced' re-release the Xbone got, so I'm playing a bit of that too.

One biggie I've been playing is the Pokemon TCG, which has an online client. Whereas the video games have a rather stale meta going by VCG15, there's at least some more diversity in the TCG's own. The official client available on Windows is decent; it's not pay to win but if you buy the physical stuff you get cards with codes on them to get stuff (packs, decks, promo cards, etc) in the game you may use or trade for something else, most people use packs that aren't trade-locked as currency for better cards. It's more like grind to win but there is a format that exclusively uses theme decks and you can get tradeable shit from tournaments to help you build a viable deck.

EYE and Divinity II are in the backlog but installed, and I'm waiting for BoI Rebirth's expansion to come out. The Cube World developer seems to have resurfaced on Twitter and Soundcloud after almost a year and a half of radio silence, with screenshots of his work and some music tracks, so something may still come out of it yet; I'm still more hopeful about it than fucking Starbound. Like holy fuck, there's so much wasted potential for that game.

EA/DICE's take on Battlefront looks like fucking shit, and am still not interested in ASSFAGGOTS.

Last edited by Matty G (Sat Oct 17th, 2015 09:29)

#5 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sat Oct 17th, 2015 10:09]

Robwar
biggest post count in history of the universe

Oh shit yeah DOW is one of my all time favorite games but mainly because I also am a big fan of the Warhammer lore, I guess it would be pretty boring for people who are not familiar with Wh40k.

#6 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sat Oct 17th, 2015 11:07]

Cahcetti
c")

LoL and CSGO

#7 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sat Oct 17th, 2015 16:33]

Scarth
?_?

I'm still playing Dota, just haven't been playing it much recently. Mostly playing Splatoon, but that's a WiiU game.
Also playing a little bit of BF4 here and there but I haven't purchased any of the expansions because no Australian servers seem to run them, and I don't want to throw away $60.
Some IIDX (Lunatic Rave 2), looking at getting a Sound Voltex (KShoot Mania) controller soon too.

The Pokemon TCG is pretty fun. I'm looking forward to Pokemon Go when it releases next year, looks cool to have an ARG and I think a smartphone is a good platform for it.

Will probably start playing Skyrim again in a few weeks, too. Maybe I'll finish one of the main quest lines this time.

Last edited by Scarth (Sat Oct 17th, 2015 16:34)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#8 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sun Oct 18th, 2015 03:41]

Matty G
No Games
Robwar wrote:

Oh shit yeah DOW is one of my all time favorite games but mainly because I also am a big fan of the Warhammer lore, I guess it would be pretty boring for people who are not familiar with Wh40k.

If anything the Dawn of War series is good at getting people interested in 40k. Despite practically being Relic's pet chapter, the Blood Ravens sure get fucked over a lot and the second game series give us a look into their own politics and infrastructure, which is interesting in its own right. At the very least it's not like how Matt Ward puts the fucking Ultramarines and Grey Knights on the Mary Sue pedestal.

Scarth wrote:

Will probably start playing Skyrim again in a few weeks, too. Maybe I'll finish one of the main quest lines this time.

Honestly I don't think it would be worth it. I spend more time modding the game than actually playing it and whenever I do it's only for a certain amount of hours, even if the game won't crash. Every new run is basically removing shit mods I don't like and adding in new ones I probably won't like or utilize but can't remove because of how scripts from mods applied to save data don't go away. End up playing for a considerable amount of time, then never touch it again.

Unfortunately the same goes for Oblivion, I just can't get back into it despite some recent innovations and the game being even more unstable does not help. This reminds me that I've yet to finish Morrowind.

And I hope you don't run a Seismitoad deck too.

#9 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sun Oct 18th, 2015 13:19]

English
The Dr. House of BFH

I've just finished the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim and it was fantastic.

The game I play the most now is Smite, which is a MOBA by the same people who made Tribes. It has a pretty strong competitive scene too.

I've also been playing Rocket League, BF4, and a little bit of Elite: Dangerous.

Going to give that Pokemon game you guys mentioned a try, sounds like my jam.

#10 Re: PC games of 2015: what are people playing?  [Sun Oct 18th, 2015 14:16]

aironex
8)

A little bit of lol, hearthstone, heroes of the storm, guildwars2.

Board footer