You are not logged in.

#1 TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Sat Jan 17th, 2015 04:10]

Stupidus
Babysitter

Shows I've seen lately:

Attack on Titan
Death Note
Trailer Park Boys

I like comedies/light-hearted shows, though I will watch some serious stuff as long as it doesn't get super dark/violent because I don't like watching uneasy stuff.

Any recommendations? I was going to either download Code Geass or Arrow.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

#2 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Sat Jan 17th, 2015 04:53]

Scarth
?_?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdH7iKOwhk

I don't really watch TV but I have it on when eating dinner. The Blacklist is a pretty good crime-empire drama/action and isn't bad. Still slips up on the general 'hacker' thing.

In terms of anime I finished watching both Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (2012) and No Game No Life recently.
Working my way through Jormungand at the moment, 8/24. I downloaded it at the end of 2012 but didn't touch it until a few weeks ago. Really good stuff, but it is fairly violent and quite dark.

Last edited by Scarth (Sat Jan 17th, 2015 04:53)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#3 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Sat Jan 17th, 2015 07:10]

aironex
8)

Stupidus wrote:

I was going to either download Code Geass or Arrow

If you liked Death Note then go for Code Geass, you won't regret it. I personally liked Code Geass a lot more but it's up  to preference.
FMA: Brotherhood, Fate/Zero (and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works), Steins Gate, Zankyou no Terror, Parasyte (airing atm) are some of my  favourites which you can check out.

#4 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Sun Jan 18th, 2015 04:29]

Robwar
biggest post count in history of the universe

Code Geass is awesome should check that out. I don't really like Arrow.

#5 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Mon Jan 19th, 2015 06:16]

Null
Nulled.Shot

Stein's Gate.

#6 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Mon Jan 19th, 2015 23:21]

English
The Dr. House of BFH

If you haven't seen it yet, Almost Human is really good. If you're okay with some dark stuff House of Cards, either the British or American versions, I really like Arrow so I do recommend that as well.

#7 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Tue Jan 20th, 2015 04:38]

Scarth
?_?

We had House of Cards on TV here. It looked interesting from what I saw.
Is it completely a business/politics drama, with no action? Or does it have your usual firefights and that sort of thing?

#8 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Wed Jan 21st, 2015 15:13]

.Royalty
BFH Veteran

Arrested Development, if you haven't already seen it. + Anything from Chris Lilley (Angry Boys, Summer Heights High, We Can Be Heroes etc.)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#9 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Fri Jan 23rd, 2015 19:42]

English
The Dr. House of BFH
Scarth wrote:

We had House of Cards on TV here. It looked interesting from what I saw.
Is it completely a business/politics drama, with no action? Or does it have your usual firefights and that sort of thing?

It's business/political intrigue, there are some really action packed scenes interspersed throughout and they're really well paced. My wife and I really enjoyed it, and they are some spins that were truly astounding.

#10 Re: TV Shows, what's good to marathon?  [Sat Jan 24th, 2015 06:21]

MichaelFRocks
based

Portlandia, Birthday Boys and Broad City are all great comedy TV shows. Louie good too, not as rapid fire with the humor. Bobs Burgers 10/10

The Man in the High Tower on amazon, first episode is free.

Its a Ridley Scott production w/PKDicks story, not sure who did screenplay or if there even was one. If you're into that kind of thing (A Scanner Darkly, Bladerunner etc)

Board footer