You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

#1 Dawngate  [Wed Nov 20th, 2013 19:25]

doused
BulletGod

surprised no one has posted yet.

https://www.waystonegames.com/betaSignup/intro#/home

the game is fucking incredible so far. its got dota graphics, feels alot more like LoL mechanics wise with more dota/hon style "champions" aka shapers in dawngate. and the items are just like smites with more customization.

key changes

no wards. well not exactly. every player has access to one perma ward with a cooldown matching its placement time. so its 5 wards MAX per team.
right now its a two lane map with a huge jungle.
there is no AD or AP items its all based on Power. power scales with spells as well as basic attack damage. so basically everyone will be buying the same type of power items and it will do just as well for mages and ad casters/adcs
there is literally no solid meta. right now most people go 2 top 2 bot and a jungle. but i have found the best possible way to play the game as a team so far. 
towers respawn much like inhibs. outer turrets respawn slower than inner. the nexus is now a guardian like minotaur in smite that has its own spells and abilites and is probbaly going to get buffed and scaled to late game so that it will always be fucking difficult to kill it.

spirit wells spawn at the corners of all maps and grant bonus vim[gold] per minute you start with 2 and can capture the enemy's wells at 10 minutes or farm them denying the vim and getting gold per kill

there are jungle camps above top lane. and a giant jungle in the middle of both lanes, and a jungle under bot lane.
if you have a solo top, a top jungler, a mid jungler and a bot duo lane it really eases the pressure on a solo jungler because counter play is a major problem with only one jungler. and jungle buff control early in this game is very huge. so junglers rejoice.

traits/perks are like runes and mastries.

baron/dragon has been combined to be the same thing, its parasite. at 5 mins it spawns and it very similar to dragon. at around 12 minutes it evolves and gives a buff. and is similar to dragon and baron . its final stage is very similar to only baron. the buff right now is very strong, too strong for how easy it is to kill at all stages of the game but it will probbaly be buffed as well.

oh and 9NHN-3696-8BS5-9D2A

#2 Re: Dawngate  [Thu Nov 21st, 2013 16:19]

Al3xandar

I got e-mail to join the beta sometime ago, but considering that EA is its publisher I decided it would be pointless to invest time in this. Even if it might be good and promising now it will be transformed into blood sucking money leaching zombie eventually.

#3 Re: Dawngate  [Thu Nov 21st, 2013 16:56]

doused
BulletGod

ea may be the publisher but they have more control over the game than you think. Easy was just as bad as EA. and with the success of LoL with very minimal pay for benefits i can see them stepping down trying to do that in this rare, rare case.

#4 Re: Dawngate  [Fri Nov 22nd, 2013 07:32]

SharkonSteroids
Gorjay

i think one big problem is getting into this game if you are already learning dota or league.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#5 Re: Dawngate  [Fri Nov 22nd, 2013 13:30]

Robwar
biggest post count in history of the universe

SharkonSteroids wrote:

i think one big problem is getting into this game if you are already learning dota or league.

Exactly, I mean since it's basically the same game learning so much stuff again takes quite a lot of time. In LoL skill is strongly proportional with games played so it doesn't really make sense to switch between MOBAs....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#6 Re: Dawngate  [Fri Nov 22nd, 2013 17:34]

doused
BulletGod
SharkonSteroids wrote:

trust me you will pick it up super fast.

#7 Re: Dawngate  [Fri Nov 22nd, 2013 17:34]

doused
BulletGod
Robwar wrote:
SharkonSteroids wrote:

Exactly, I mean since it's basically the same game learning so much stuff again takes quite a lot of time. In LoL skill is strongly proportional with games played so it doesn't really make sense to switch between MOBAs....

if your good at lol you will be good at dawngate after your first game. i carried 15 games in a row right off the bat. its fun and easy to pick up.

Board footer