You are not logged in.

#1 Jax Top  [Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 16:40]

Fabrisius
BFH Veteran

Here I am again with some questions on a champ. This time i need some tips n tricks on Jax as toplaner. I know there are a lot of guides tho i'm wondering what you guys consider being a good one/good jax streamer/top lane tips in general.

BUILD
don't know a decent starter item... sometimes i go boots (rarely), sometimes dorans blade, most of the time dorans shield. (Each time with as much health pots as possible)
Wich one do you guys consider best? (I know it's situational but in general or what against which kind of champ)
Then i get my bilgewater cutlass, then triforce (sheen first, then phage then full item).
Then i finish my botrk
Then hextech gunblade
Don't know what next, sometimes game is over, sometimes i get randuins/sunfire, or vs heavy AP maw of malmortius. Or last whisper vs tanks or guardian angel if they focus me
And somewhere there i get my boots, sometimes early, sometimes late, merc threads or ninja tabi depending on APor AD enemy.
So as you see i mainly focus on dmg, sort of a glasscanon.
Good or bad on jax? More tanky needed or some good dmg items (which one)?

And what runes/masteries do you advise? Currently using 9-21-0 (only lvl25 so 9-16-0 atm) and don't rlly have a rune page yet, only 2 AD quints and armor glyphs (yellow ones)

Thx in advance for your help wink
(Just a link to stream/guide/vid is great aswell)

Last edited by Fabrisius (Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 16:41)

#2 Re: Jax Top  [Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 16:50]

aironex
8)

i go 21/9/0 with mixed magic/armor pen and build mercs/tabi, triforce, botrk, randuins, spirit visage and either gunblade, ga or whatever for last item. hexdrinker is also good but i prefer the tankyness and cdr of s. visage. this is pretty much what everyone builds anyway. the masteries are just personal preference.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 776

#3 Re: Jax Top  [Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 02:59]

Lollittaja
BFH Veteran

I am Diamond with around 300-400 Jax games this season.

Skill order: Take 1 point E at level 1, then get 1 point on Q at level 2, then 1 point W level 3, max Q first vs ranged targets or highly mobile targets, Max W agaisnt rest, then max W if u maxing Q or Q if you maxing W, Always put an point on ultimate (R) when possible. Max E last.

Masteries: 21/9/0, take double penetration on offensive (hehe)

Runes: AD Marks, Armor Seals, Flat or Scaling MR Glyphs, AD Quints

Build: Usually I start with Doran's Shield and 1 Health pot, then I try to get back when I got gold for 2x Doran's blade, After those I would usually go for botrk rush if I am agaisnt tank like Renekton or Shen, or Triforce against most others for tons of damage. If you feel like Doran's aren't enough sustain go for Vamp scepter and maybe even Bilgewater which can be updated to Botrk (vs Tanky enemy team) or Hextech gunblade after your Triforce. After Botrk/Gunblade + Trinity Force you should get Spirit Visage and Randuins, which one to get first? It depends which one do you need more (Does enemy do mainly magic or phys dmg? If pretty even then go for Spirit Visage). Also I forgot to mention abouts boots, get Tabis or Mercs somewhere into the game. Last item should be either Banshee Veil or Guardian Angel.

Laning: You should play passive, but you can try to kill enemy at level 1 or 2 with your E. After level 6 you get huge powerboost, with your ult passive proc, try to do 2 aa at creeps and then Q to enemy and do 1 AA for passive proc.

P70Y98Z.png

Outdated img

#4 Re: Jax Top  [Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 03:02]

Cahcetti
c")

Mid Jax best Jax

#5 Re: Jax Top  [Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 13:15]

Rotten
i own you

just get triforce and botrk and then get tanky items like randuins, sv and ga

after u got lvl 6 and can freely harass aa minions twice and jump on them with q and w + ur ult passive

#6 Re: Jax Top  [Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 16:46]

Fabrisius
BFH Veteran

Thx for these responses already, definately gonna try them out tho i wont be able to play LoL untill fryday thus more in-depth questions on those builds will be coming then smile

But for now, any laning tips? I've won all my laning phases so far except against a nasus, he was running teleport and i wasn't so he could cs more and his harass with his Q was so effective... we lost the game at the end...
another time i was against a gangplank and i won early trades and got him once, then due to an effective enemy jungler gank he picked up a kill on me and from that point i couldn't really deal with his poke with Q tho i didn't fall behind this much so late-game i crushed him anyways and we won the game.

So any tips to avoid situations like that? Or laning tips in general?

#7 Re: Jax Top  [Fri Oct 25th, 2013 09:30]

Rotten
i own you

if u have a ward in your inventory, you can q to it

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#8 Re: Jax Top  [Fri Oct 25th, 2013 10:16]

aironex
8)

Rotten wrote:

lol thx i climbed from bronze V to bronze III in three hours : ))))()

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/55/9002155/html/bfhn/forums/include/parser.php on line 717

#9 Re: Jax Top  [Fri Oct 25th, 2013 15:27]

Lollittaja
BFH Veteran

aironex wrote:
Rotten wrote:

lol thx i climbed from bronze V to bronze III in three hours : ))))()

pls no copypasterino XDDD Kappa

#10 Re: Jax Top  [Fri Oct 25th, 2013 18:37]

Fabrisius
BFH Veteran

Knew that one already, thx tho wink
About nasus again, played a game earlier on this evening and nasus just owned us, i was jungle jax and in laning it was okay, i ganked top we took a kill then nasus killed swain (=our toplaner) when i was bot but np. But then the swain started feeding as hell and going all in on dumb moments n stuff. So at the ended nasus owned me so badly and we lost...
Any possibilities to beat nasus with jax? Or just in general?

EDIT: dorans blade for jax jungle, good or bad?

Last edited by Fabrisius (Fri Oct 25th, 2013 18:38)

Board footer